The Guardians

Members: Sign In/Sign Up Members: Sign In Not a Member?  Sign up!
Community Newsletter

Sammy Hall Interview

Deon Unthank sits down with Gospel music veteran Sammy Hall and finds out where Sammy has been and what he's been doing after all these years.

About This Article - Sammy Hall Interview

Author: AGM | Author's Website: http://absolutelygospel.com/
Written: 04/01/2013 | Category: | Comments: 8

Ads Sponsored by

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

Reader Comments

Sammy Hall and Sammy Hall Ministries is ready to get back out there and save souls for Christ! Please Keep Sammy in your prayers that though God's Will, he win this battle over the cancer.

You can contact Sammy on the website http://www.sammyhall.com or on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/sammy.hall.372 - Many times You will hear form me (Matthew Kimball, as the Administrator for Sammy Hall Ministries) as Sammy doesn't get online too often. I promise all comments are shared directly with Sam often. Your words or encouragement can also be sent to Sammy direct at: Sammy Hall, PO Box 7, Sevierville, TN 37764.

We cannot thank you, the fans, Absolutely Gospel Music.com and so many more, enough. You are a blessing to us all here at SHM. Your letters, cards and comments mean so much, not to mention the many that humble us. God's Blessings to you all.

We're here to help you win your battle over whatever addiction you may have, your communication with us is confidential and never shared outside of the ministries, If you would like to know how you too can be Saved, live an eternal life with Christ as your Loving Saviour, Contact us today, we are here to Serve You; as Christ Serves us!

Sammy Hall Ministries

By Matthew Kimball on Mon, April 01, 2013 - 6:29:44

Thanks for the interview Deon. Sammy gave me my first job in the music business. (driving his bus) and ran a little sound when I could. I've always love to hear Sammy sing. Listen to him sing a lot the year I was with him and never got tired of hearing him. Loved the ministry also. There has been a lot of lives changed by Sammy's ministry. I think we saw 8,000 decisions for Christ just while I was there. It was a great and life changing experience for me. We were all young and a little crazy back then (lol) but I wouldn't change it for anything. Love Sammy and Jackie and the whole family. Praying for Sammy's healing.

By Rick Sandidge on Mon, April 01, 2013 - 11:19:39

I just posted a song on fb 'Redemption Draweth Nigh'. One of my favorite songs and the first time we ever heard the song SAMMY HALL SINGERS sang it at Roswell Street Baptist Church, Marietta, GA. We love SAMMY HALL and pray for him. Hopeful that someday he will be back on the road singing again.

By Robert York on Thu, April 18, 2013 - 1:48:07

I just seen the interview you had with Sammy Hall and it was a prayer answered as I didn,t know if Sammy was still alive or not.But I,m glad to have seen that he is still with us.Praying daily that God will heal Sammy of this cancer.I know God can do this.I have a radio program that comes on everyn Sunday at 1:30-2:30 P.M.You can get it by logging on to hrnb.com and click on wcsl radio.I play a lot of Sammy Hall,s songs on my program.Keep us informed on Sammy.s condision.Now maybe I can let my listeners know that Sammy is still living didn,t know that until I seen this on your website.Sammy is a nice person and hope he will be able to make us another cd in the near future.Hope so anyhow.Please send me an email so I,ll know you got this email.Thank you again for the interview with Sammy Hall.Ralph Moore with Gospel Music Time.Loving Jesus.

By Ralph Moore on Thu, June 06, 2013 - 12:06:20

I met Sammy and his band for the first time in 1976 and have been a very big fan since I truly hope the good lord will help you through these time of striff my hopes and prayer are with you god bless

By Richard Riley on Tue, June 11, 2013 - 5:34:07

Sammy left this world behind him at 2:00 this morning. God Speed Sammy

By Douglas on Mon, June 24, 2013 - 3:52:20

Samuel Ray “Sammy” Hall, singer, songwriter, age 67 passed away Monday, June 24, 2013 after a long battle with cancer. He has gone to Heaven to sing with the angels and to be with the Lord. Sammy traveled in the music ministry 45 years, reaching the youth of America and throughout the world, helping troubled teens and leading them to Christ.

He was preceded in death by his parents, James and Ione Hall; daughter, Jamie Hall; niece, Carissa Brownlee; nephew, Jeffery Dekker.

Survivors:
His loving wife of 45 years: Jacki Hall
Daughters: Cori Hall, Jan Boda
Sons: Monte Hall, Brannon Hall
Granddaughter: Sabrina Hall
Grandsons: Brennen Shirley, his father and stepmother, Bo and Lindsey Shirley, Austen Boda
Sisters: Judy Tegtmeire, Bernice Torres, Voncile Dekker and husband Bob
Brother: Jimmy Hall

The family would like to extend a special thanks to his close friends, Frank Mills, David Alvey, Ralph Hamblem, Matthew Kimball and Jill Harden. A special thank you also to his band members and everyone who helped with his journey through life. He will be missed…

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital,501 St Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105

The family will receive friends 4-6:30 PM Thursday with memorial service following at 7 PM in the West Chapel of Atchley Funeral Home with Rev. Paul Keeter and Rev. Paul Tedder officiating. The family has chosen cremation arranged by Atchley Funeral Home, Sevierville. (http://www.atchleyfuneralhome.com)

By Matthew Kimball on Mon, June 24, 2013 - 5:11:07

I was sadden to hear that Sammy Hall passed away on june 24th.I did some programs a few weeks ago telling my listeners that Sammy was still alive at the time but I just finished a program featuring Sammy for an hour in loving memory of him.It was hard for me to do this as Sammy was my favorite singer.I did a whole hour of his songs he wrote.I did as many I could squeeze in an hour which was about 16 songs.I will air it sometime in Aug or early Sept.I told my listerners how Sammy started singing at church at an early age but how satan tried to take his life a few times be for he called on the lord to save him.And since then he wanted to see everyone saved.Sammy was a blessing to me and I will play his songs as long as I have my radio program called gospel music time.He left us with a lot of sprit filled songs and we will want to hear them oftem.To his family I would like to say he will be in our thoughts every time we hear a song by him.We,ll never get tired of his songs with his sisters and the other ones who was with him though the 70,s.I will close by saying God bless Sammy and the Sammy Hall Singers.From Ralph Moore Gospel Music Time.

By Ralph Moore on Sat, July 20, 2013 - 2:03:07

Recent Features

• Ernie Haase & Signature Sound - Happy People Interview
  • A Changing World
  • Keep Trusting
  • Introducing The Guardians
  • Put God First
  • The CHURCH HYMNAL:  “The B-I-B-L-E”
  • Historic Proportions: My Life and Gospel Music History
  • Christian Fiction Queen: Only Uni
  • Worship & Evangelism
  • Writing When the Well Runs Dry
  • Leave It There
  • July Was A Hot And Busy Month
  • Daniel Mount - Industry Insider
  • Ain’t Nobody Got Away With Nothin’ Yet
  • The Wonder of Worship: For Our Benefit
  • Redeem The Time
  • 2015 Absolutely Gospel Music Awards - Watch now!
  • We Survived
  • Who Redefined Marriage?
  • The CHURCH HYMNAL:  ‘Songs That Ask Relevant Questions’
  • This Is How I See It