AG Publicity ></a></p>
<div align=

Members: Sign In/Sign Up Members: Sign In Not a Member?  Sign up!
Community Newsletter

CD Reviews

image

Terry Terrell - Back on My Feet

Terry Terrell - Back on My Feet
Label: Journey Records
Producer: Zane King
Website: www.terryterrellsings.com

Terry Terrell is a relative newcomer that has been receiving some major southern gospel radio promotion over the last year or so. I recently had the opportunity to acquire a copy of his latest project titled Back On My Feet for review.

For those unfamiliar, Terry Terrell has a natural baritone voice with a quality that easily matches most anyone in the country genre today. Producer Zane King contributes as a writer on four of the ten songs on the project including “Help Me Get Down On My Knees” which establishes the project's tone as pure country-sounding southern gospel. “Savior, Faithful, Friend” is a good song that reminds us of how much God cares for us. The latest single from this project is “Go Close The Windows” , which is an interesting perspective on the crucifixion scene. It is told from the perspective of Heaven's angels being upset by what they see happening to Jesus at Calvary . The title line is Zane King and Charles Isbell's interpretation of God turning his back on the scene because He is unable to watch what His son suffering for our sins. Also worth mentioning is a remake of “Gloryland Hold On” made popular a few years ago by the group Chosen Few and a Gerald Crabb song titled “Two Little Feet” .

The production quality on Back On My Feet is superb, featuring many musicians that regularly contribute to front line southern gospel projects (Kelly Back, Sonny Garrish, etc.). The graphic design and layout are also top notch.

Other Songs:   “I'll Fly Away”, “If There's A Phone In Heaven”, “That's How God Forgives”, “Get Me To Jesus”, Get Down On Your Knees (And Fight Like A Man)”

About This Article - Terry Terrell - Back on My Feet

Author: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Written: 08/04/2004 | Category: CD Reviews Comments: 39

Ads Sponsored by

Reader Comments

i was working putting on vinyl siding the other day it was hot and my help was out sick and i was not feeling to good. i tuned my radio into a local am station and they played the song GO CLOSE THE WINDOW and as i listened to the words i was blessed more than words can tell. it made my day so much brighter. i cant remember ever hearing such a powerful song . i have a gospel group of my own and i sing and write southern gospel but i have never had a song touch me like that one!! it took me a few days but i finaly found it on line and bought it. keep up the good work and god bless.

By larry turner on Thu, August 12, 2004 - 5:48:33

I am trying to find the lyrics to the song GO CLOSE THE WINDOW.

By Joey Overman on Sat, August 28, 2004 - 7:05:10

I just wanted to say that i love terry and his music. I had the chance to meet and hear him play in Belmont Ms. a few days ago and i hope he comes back soon. I really like the way he acts so down to earth and doesn't act like he's better than anyone else. He speaks from his heart and i love that. I hope to hear more of his music and maybe hear him preach if he's ever back this way. I LOVE TERRY TERRELL

By selenaM on Tue, September 28, 2004 - 7:10:25

IAM TRYING TO GET TRACKS HELP ME GET DOWN ON MY KNEES

By LEVI HOPKINS, JR. on Fri, November 26, 2004 - 3:42:28

I have all three CD's of Terry Terrell's and every song on all three are a blessing to get to listen. There is a great message in every song that he sings and the way he sings the songs with his baretone voice brings the message out even more strongly. I sing at my church, the local hospital and some of the sinor citzen homes here in Jackson. They all love to here me sing the songs of Terry Terrell. Everytime I sing them there are many people that want to know where I got that from and I will write Terry Terrell on a note and tell them to look for his music it is all great and they will love to here him sing it. I would love to have just the soundtracks to all three of his CD's.
Thank God for Terry Terrell and message that he bring with his voice.

By Dolly Edler on Mon, December 20, 2004 - 12:02:58

I just wanted to take a few minutes to give my comments on Bro. Terrell. He by far is one of the most anointed singers I have ever had the divine pleasure of coming in contact with. He has such a pure heart and pleasant spirit about him. He is nothing more than a mere man that the good Lord has given the ability to let his light shine. And that he does very well. He doesn't have to wear a fancy suit and tie. He will walk in to a church simple, but very humble. He has made such a dramatic impact on my family's life. I am a new Christian and can say when I got saved in July of 2004 I saw people who called them self Christians that I did not want to be like and truthfully wanted to quit, but Terry let me see something different, something I new immediately I wanted. I have so much respect for him and what he does. I have met some wonderful people in my life, but Terry is few and far between. He doesn't ask you for your money or to join his "partenership", only for your prayers. He is so genuine and gives the credit where credit is due. He is a true example of how I feel Chrisians should be honest, sincere, humble, and most of all full of true love for the Lord. I cannot find the words to explain how truly wonderful I think he is. I have had people tell me that "you don't even know him." I don't have to know him. All I have to do is listen to what he has to say, look in his eyes when he speaks about his love for JESUS, and feel the sweet presence of the HOLY GHOST when he sings to know what he is all about. Sincerly, Jackie Steppee.

By Jackie Steppee on Tue, December 28, 2004 - 7:39:25

My husband and I both really love Terry Terrell's music. The songs are such an inspiration to us both. It is really refreshing to hear "country gospel". It is almost a lost art. Thanks again, Terry for your style of music and for letting God lead you through your music ministry.

By g wilson on Sat, January 08, 2005 - 7:50:03

My godmother sings that song "Go Close the Windows" and she added a beautiful tag on it,,,
It goes like this "Now go open the windows so I now can see the battle is over Jesus won victory and I'll send my holy spirit so my children aren't alon so go open the windows my son's comeing home"
Now isn't that beautiful!!!

By Lisa on Sat, January 22, 2005 - 4:15:34

I have had the opportunity to be in several services with Terry. He is truly a great man of God. He is dedicated to the work of God. This is truly what God has called him to doand he is doing it with all his might. Keep up the good work Terry. My family and I love you and are praying for you.

By Sharon on Mon, January 24, 2005 - 11:50:19

I also love Terry Terrell's music, and sincerely hope that his tour schedule on his website will soon be available. It is very hard to attend his concerts when there is no tour schedule posted.

By linda on Wed, January 26, 2005 - 1:18:57

I heard Terry on the radio today for the first time. I was inspired by his conversation. Then I heard "Go Close the Windows." What abeautiful song and so well done.

By Linda on Wed, January 26, 2005 - 3:38:09

I have known Bro. Terry Joe Terrell,for quite a few years now,and have been honored to open for him several times across LA and MS. If I had to describe him in one word it would be: ANOINTED, He is real, and he practices what he preaches... and sings. It is an honor to call him my friend.

By Ricky Lee on Wed, February 09, 2005 - 3:25:25

I have been truely blessed by you. I have had the honor to hear you in person at the church I attend and we have all truely been bless by your singing and preaching. I pray that God continues to bless you and anoint you. I believe that you are in the will of God. There are many songs that I have enjoyed hearing you sing, but there is one that will always be my favorite which is (It will be worth it after all) I hope to see you again in Clinton La. at the UPC of Clinton again.

By Kathy Davis on Wed, February 09, 2005 - 11:48:20

I just wanted everyone to know that on May 29th, Terry Terrell will be in Jackson, Tennessee at Oaklawn Baptist Church. This is my church and we have worked very hard to get Terry here. I can't wait to here him in person. I have three of his CD's and I get a blessing everytime I listen to one of his songs. I hope I see some of you there. By the way he is looking for more bookings in the area at that time. God bless and kept each of you well.

Dolly Elder
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

By Dolly Elder on Wed, February 16, 2005 - 10:56:24

i enjoy listening to terry terrell very much i heard him sing [ITLL BE WORTH IT AFTER ALL, SON] COULD YOU TELL ME HOW I CAN GET A CD OR CASSETT TAPE WITH THIS SONG ON IT ......THANKS MINNIE

By minnie blythe on Sun, February 20, 2005 - 2:52:20

I have been able to find most of Terry Terrell's music at our local Bible Book Store. You can also order music and sound tracks from his web sight, .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

By Dolly Elder on Mon, February 21, 2005 - 3:31:10

my brother had one of your old tapes and he gave it to my husband and he loved it my husband is trying to get in church so i bought him the cd back on my feet he loves your singing so please pray with us that he will recive the holy ghost soon and sevre god with all that he has he has never been in church before so pray with us and may god bless u with your music thanks your sister-n-christ vickie

By vickie nichols on Tue, February 22, 2005 - 1:28:47

Hello Terry Joe miss you down here in Mobile,Let us know when you will be in our neighbor hood.

By Patricia Barnett on Sun, March 06, 2005 - 11:36:42

Terry was at our church on 3/27/05. It was probably the best singing that I have ever been to. This man is humble and greatly annointed.
I would highly recommend this man if you are looking for a great country gospel singing.
You will not be disappointed!!!!!

By Tammy on Mon, April 04, 2005 - 11:02:17

i grew up in the same church as terry i married and moved away to la. but every chance i get to go here bro. terry joe sing i go he is a true inspriation to me and when im down his songs lift me up and put me back to where i need to be

By honeysuckel on Wed, March 15, 2006 - 11:25:11

Recent Features

• Sometimes The Show Can’t Go On
  • God Delays
  • Sunday Morning….The Hard Way
  • The Kingsmen - In Conversation
  • Jim Brady Trio - A New Chapter
  • The Lesters - Setting Records
  • God’s Work Gloves
  • Freedom in Worship ! ! !
  • Story Behind the Song: Just Pray
  • Christian Fiction Queen: Song of Redemption
  • It’s Housecleaning Time
  • The CHURCH HYMNAL:  “Blessed Assurance”
  • Barry Rowland & Deliverance - In Conversation