Posted: 15 September 2013 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 196 ]  
Made It
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  36624
Joined  2007-10-23

Jeff Foster - 15 September 2013 10:43 AM
Robert York - 15 September 2013 08:32 AM
Jeff Foster - 15 September 2013 08:26 AM

Does anyone know if you can still purchase the webcast and watch the archive?

I’m almost positive you can.  I purchased it yesterday when found out it would be available through November.

Thanks Bobby! I purchased it but I am only getting audio and no video from Monday and it looks like part three is missing from Monday as well. On the positive side, it looks like all of the other days are working fine!

Jeff, it was a bad feed for me on Mon. & Tues. both…  Wed.-Sat. was just great on my Pass…..

Signature 

. Without Him I Would Be Nothing. He Loves Me For What I Can Be, Not For What I Am Now. Phil: 4:13- I can do all things through Christ which strengthenth me…  -Phil:4:19 And He supplies all of my needs daily.. God is in control of the Universe and me too! Praise The Lord. grin

Posted: 15 September 2013 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 197 ]  
Nearly Halfway
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4654
Joined  2006-04-24
redhorse100 - 15 September 2013 03:14 PM

Sally H.  I heard the stat as well.  What I think he meant though it was deceiving is that a one night motel stay is #1.  Therefore if you stay all 7 nights, it is a “7”  So the numbers are so confusing no one can figure it out.  Which is what he wants us to believe.  If you took his numbers, you would come up as the place next year is almost sold out.  Now, we are from Minnesota, and drove to Pigeon where we are now.  We are checking out the rooms and motels within walking distance.  Please tell us what place you booked and what price as it sounds like a good deal.  We got a price on a Super 8 on Pickel street for $70.00 a night.  We will look tomorrow and put something here as to what we find.  We are also going to the arena to check it out.

I’m booked at Maple Motor Inn or something like that.  Can’t remember anymore the price/night, but the total was $500, which is half of what we paid at Crown Plaza.  They tell me the motel we have is not an “upscale” one, but all we need is clean, safe and walking distance!

Signature 

God is good - all the time
All the time - God is good

Posted: 15 September 2013 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 198 ]  
Working Hard
RankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2007-10-29

Really enjoyed the NQC via live feed this year, after they got it working properly. Had such a busy week that I did not stay up till the end most nights, knowing that I can go back and watch on my schedule. Today, I started to scroll back through all the performances. Decided to start with Monday since I had absolutely no video that evening - only sound. Guess what? I still have no video. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m not going to start complaining just yet because I still have plenty to watch, but was just wondering. This afternoon, I sat and watched all of the Gaither, Gatlin Brothers and Booth Brothers show. Very enjoyable. OK, now I’m going back and watch some more. I know that I still have many ‘happy moments’ ahead of me.

Posted: 15 September 2013 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 199 ]  
Made It
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14468
Joined  2003-02-24
Missouri-SGfan - 15 September 2013 02:00 PM

I did the same thing Santa.  I watched and listened to NQC and muted the TV and would glance over and watch the Cardinals. 
Right now I’m flipping back and forth between the Cardinals and Mariners game and the Rams with Falcons.  About to quit the football game - we’re getting bull dozed.  Santa, can you ease up a little?  Don’t whoop up on us this bad. 
Elva

I did not get that football game today. Wish I could have.

Posted: 15 September 2013 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 200 ]  
Made It
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-02-24

I just watched 22 minutes of the first Monday night segment with no problem. It took just a few minutes to get the picture. Tim Lovelace was already talking but from there om no problem.

Posted: 15 September 2013 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 201 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2011-10-21

This is an update.  We are from Minnesota and came to Pigeon Forge from Louisville to check things out.  Stopped at many motels, some of which are in the brochure.  This is what I can tell you.
Comfort Inn on Dollywood Lane is $79.00 and it is nice.  Econolodge Riverside is new and very nice @ 69.00, but 1.5 miles from center.  Maples is Christian owned and .5 from the center.  Weekday 69.00 and weekend $85.  They do NOT have a breakfast—the others do.  Quality Inn-Music Road is 49.00 but 1.5 miles from center.  Quality Inn on Dollywood Lane is $69.00 and is very nice.  Shular Inn is very nice @ 59.00.  It is one mile from the center.  All of the above are two queen beds and all acceptable to me—and my wife.  Depends upon how far you want to stay from the center.
We walked around the LaConte Center:  very nice place on one level.  Parking lot is about a quarter mile long.  I imagine they will have shuttles from the parking lot to the door.  It is built alongside the Pigeon river and there is a nice walking trail next to it.  We will try to get inside tomorrow though there are chains on the door. 
Lots of traffic today because of the Hot Rod show.  lots of nice cars.
If we see anything else of value I will write. 
By the way, there are hundreds of motels in a 20 mile area so finding one even later should be no problem. jg

Posted: 15 September 2013 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 202 ]  
Made It
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-02-24

Great review Redhorse. Thanks for the info.

Posted: 15 September 2013 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 203 ]  
Working Hard
RankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2006-12-23
redhorse100 - 15 September 2013 08:27 PM

This is an update.  We are from Minnesota and came to Pigeon Forge from Louisville to check things out.  Stopped at many motels, some of which are in the brochure.  This is what I can tell you.
Comfort Inn on Dollywood Lane is $79.00 and it is nice.  Econolodge Riverside is new and very nice @ 69.00, but 1.5 miles from center.  Maples is Christian owned and .5 from the center.  Weekday 69.00 and weekend $85.  They do NOT have a breakfast—the others do.  Quality Inn-Music Road is 49.00 but 1.5 miles from center.  Quality Inn on Dollywood Lane is $69.00 and is very nice.  Shular Inn is very nice @ 59.00.  It is one mile from the center.  All of the above are two queen beds and all acceptable to me—and my wife.  Depends upon how far you want to stay from the center.
We walked around the LaConte Center:  very nice place on one level.  Parking lot is about a quarter mile long.  I imagine they will have shuttles from the parking lot to the door.  It is built alongside the Pigeon river and there is a nice walking trail next to it.  We will try to get inside tomorrow though there are chains on the door. 
Lots of traffic today because of the Hot Rod show.  lots of nice cars.
If we see anything else of value I will write. 
By the way, there are hundreds of motels in a 20 mile area so finding one even later should be no problem. jg[/qu

[ Edited: 15 September 2013 10:18 PM by Sarah Mason]

Posted: 15 September 2013 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 204 ]  
Working Hard
RankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2006-12-23

Are these the prices for the hotels next year during NQC, or will they been “jacked up” as they usually are during a special event?  Was that question raised?

Posted: 15 September 2013 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 205 ]  
Made It
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-02-24

These were probably the prices as of today. If you booked right away you would get these prices. Book later and the prices may be higher.

Posted: 16 September 2013 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 206 ]  
Nearly Halfway
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4654
Joined  2006-04-24

I was really, really surprised at the price for our room.  As I mentioned once before, it will be about 1/2 of what we paid in Louisville for the week.  Just occurred to me that that is a good thing as we’ll probably be making a 2 day trip of it, so that will be 2 extra nights in a motel along the way.

Signature 

God is good - all the time
All the time - God is good

Posted: 16 September 2013 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 207 ]  
Nearly Halfway
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3427
Joined  2006-02-14
Sarah Mason - 15 September 2013 10:20 PM

Are these the prices for the hotels next year during NQC, or will they been “jacked up” as they usually are during a special event?  Was that question raised?

.  I’m thinking that the prices that were listed in the book at NQC will remain the same. You will probably have to make the reservations through NQC to get those prices.  Pigeon Forge Dept of Tourism was handling the reservations at NQC.

Signature 

JOIN US AT - SHILOH HILLS BAPTIST CHURCH,
75 HAWKINS STORE RD, KENNESAW, GA
  JULY 19, 2014 - 6:00 pm
FORMER GOLD CITY MEMBERS - JONATHAN WILBURN & JAY PARRACK AND THEIR GROUPS IN CONCERT

Posted: 16 September 2013 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 208 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2011-10-21

Here is some additional info on Pigeon Motels and the LeConte center.  Please refer to my post yesterday.  Re;  motels.  Seems like the prices listed are consistant with the “normal” prices for this time of the year.  Some of the motels we visted told us that.  Additionally some motels told us they won’t have their 2014 rates till Jan. 14.  Yesterday I told you we would try to get in the LeConte center today.  We were successful as their were a couple of tradesman still there doing last minute items.  One offered to give us a tour as he had been there during the entire construction.  Maybe he thought we were important.  The place is beautiful and one level.  Carpet all around.  We walked through the concert hall and took pictures.  No chairs in there yet.  Big room.  I assume the NQC will use overhead TV’s like in Louisville or some in the back won’t see much.  The arena has a large additional room for smaller concerts, etc but could be used for exhibition business.  We will see.  I took pictures of all the rooms and the entrance.  The building cost $45 million.As I said yesterday there probably is enough parking though some shuttle service will be required, like disneyland.
Re;  Traffic.  Lots of concern by folks on this topic.  There are three lanes each way on the “strip”, however the side roads, ie veterans and Teaster move traffic fast if you know where to enter.  Therefore you can stay off the strip for the most part.  Clarke probably exaggerated the “no traffic” part as there is constant traffic through town, both local and Smokey Mt. visitors.  But, it won’t be worse than Lousiville.  If I find out anything else of import, I will let you know.

Posted: 16 September 2013 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 209 ]  
Made It
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-02-24

Another good report. Thanks.

Posted: 17 September 2013 04:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 210 ]  
Climbing Up
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2495
Joined  2011-04-28
smokymtnsanta - 15 September 2013 07:00 PM

I just watched 22 minutes of the first Monday night segment with no problem. It took just a few minutes to get the picture. Tim Lovelace was already talking but from there om no problem.

For some reason it wouldn’t even bring up a picture at all. I could hear the audio fine but there was nothing for the picture. Yesterday, however, the glitches seemed to be fixed and I was able to see a picture. Also, it looks like they have added the final segment to Monday as well.

Signature 

“For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain” Philippians 1:21

14 of 15