Total Posts:  407
Joined  2010-10-23

[ Edited: 09 December 2013 09:05 AM by AGM]

Posted: 22 December 2012 04:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Made It
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10201
Joined  2007-02-06

I see that Santa changed his mind a couple of times and I guess he couldn’t decide what to leave on here.  I know how he feels.  Yes, Stewart has been arrested on some charges that are egregious.  I am very, very saddened by the situation and am praying for Stewart and for a quick legal resolution to the matter.  BTW - Stewart has pleaded innocent.

Signature 

Diana Brantley
http://blog.musicscribe.com (latest post:  Pat Barker Launches Solo Career - 7/9/14)
http://www.youtube.com/dinanaSN

Posted: 22 December 2012 06:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Nearly Halfway
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2006-04-24

Tony - probably no one posted because it wasn’t known

Signature 

God is good - all the time
All the time - God is good

Posted: 22 December 2012 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Working Hard
RankRank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2006-06-22

I personally feel if this type of subject is on here, it leads to gossip, even if it is in the news. Will be praying for Stewart.

Signature 

Dani Knight

Posted: 22 December 2012 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Working Hard
RankRank
Total Posts:  407
Joined  2010-10-23

[ Edited: 22 January 2013 09:49 PM by Tony Rush]

Posted: 22 December 2012 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4324
Joined  2011-02-02

Another black eye for the SG industry and Christians. 

One of my first reactions was about the future of the Memphis convention.  I hope that can go on without Stewart’s involvement.

[ Edited: 22 December 2012 08:30 AM by KathyVanHorn]
 Signature 

Psalm 139:17 How precious also are Thy thoughts to me , O God! How vast is the sum of them!

Posted: 22 December 2012 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Made It
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-02-06
KathyVanHorn - 22 December 2012 08:23 AM

One of my first reactions was about the future of the Memphis convention.  I hope that can go on without Stewart’s involvement.

Mine, too, Kathy.

Signature 

Diana Brantley
http://blog.musicscribe.com (latest post:  Pat Barker Launches Solo Career - 7/9/14)

Posted: 22 December 2012 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Made It
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14208
Joined  2003-02-24

I was asked by a person very close to the situation to please delete my Facebook post. I had shared David Murray’s post. I di as this person asked. Whether that was right or wrong, I do not know. I understand what you all are saying.

Signature 

** Blessed are those who stop horseback riding, for they shalt be full of woe.

** Blessed are the thrifty deer hunters, for they shalt get more bang for their buck.

** Blessed are the ministers who make mistakes, for it shall only be a clerical error.

Posted: 22 December 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Working Hard
RankRank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2011-02-04

For me its about what this discussion board has always been about and that is positive things in sg music, prayer if someone asked for it or group events that someone has been to or would like you to attend. I have found it most uplifting and the Geezer thread kills me at times where you guys are funny. I wouldn’t discuss this thing with Stewart on this forum if it were me just for these reasons. There’s another blog or two that likes to run people down or talk about sg’s problem and if it were me I wouldn’t lower myself to that standard of discussing this kind of thing. Yes we need to pray that Varnado gets all of our prayers and hope that this is not true. I met him a few times and remember when he was small being at gospel singings back in my Singing American days. I was sick at my stomach when the news broke but all we as christians can do is pray for situations like this and go forward and pray for his former group and these upcoming events he had planned. Thats just my humble opinion here and not trying to shove this down anybody’s throat.

Joe Lane

Posted: 22 December 2012 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Working Hard
RankRank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2011-02-04

I shouldn’t say lowering that was bad choice of words. I meant lowering the standards of this forum. I’m terrible with words. Also there is only one blog that I know of that really gives gospel music a kick and I just don’t want it to start on here. Believe me when I say that if I have made a poor choice of words that I am sorry.

Joe

[ Edited: 22 December 2012 09:24 AM by jhlane]

Posted: 22 December 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Nearly Halfway
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3491
Joined  2007-12-14

This was the first I heard of this.

The important thing to remember is that any accused person is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Trial by gossip and Facebook is not appropriate.

I also believe in a free press and not sweeping things under the rug, but one should be careful to have the facts before speaking, particularly in a situation involving such serious allegations.

Signature 

”...Kerr… I agree with you 100% and couldn’t have said it better myself.” ~ mallrat53

“I’ll let Kerr take that up with you…he is a legend in this area.”~smokymtsanta

“Truer words were never typed.”  ~ CoeurdeLeon

Posted: 22 December 2012 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Working Hard
RankRank
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2011-02-05
smokymtnsanta - 22 December 2012 08:35 AM

I was asked by a person very close to the situation to please delete my Facebook post. I had shared David Murray’s post. I di as this person asked. Whether that was right or wrong, I do not know. I understand what you all are saying.

I shared your post on facebook, and I took it down this morning.  The same individual contacted me to thank me for doing so.
Stewart is at home and the trial isn’t until February.  I know he needs and covets our prayers.

Posted: 22 December 2012 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Made It
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-02-06

Thanks for checking in on this, Mike.  I agree with your comments.

Signature 

Diana Brantley

Posted: 22 December 2012 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Made It
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14208
Joined  2003-02-24
JimC - 22 December 2012 09:42 AM
smokymtnsanta - 22 December 2012 08:35 AM

I shared your post on facebook, and I took it down this morning.  The same individual contacted me to thank me for doing so.
Stewart is at home and the trial isn’t until February.  I know he needs and covets our prayers.

Thanks Jim

Signature 

** Blessed are those who stop horseback riding, for they shalt be full of woe.

** Blessed are the thrifty deer hunters, for they shalt get more bang for their buck.

** Blessed are the ministers who make mistakes, for it shall only be a clerical error.

Posted: 22 December 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Climbing Up
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1047
Joined  2003-02-02

I posted the news yesterday and then removed it after several requests to do so from people close to Stewart and the Memphis Quartet Convention.

What little reputation I have as a blogger was built on being honest about not just the good things in this industry, but also being straightforward when reporting the bad. This is why I have published stories in the past on Joseph Smith, Wade Weaver, Frank Arnold’s concert promotion and so forth.

This time, I compromised, because:
1. I was told his family is distraught (understandably).
2. I’ve shared numerous conversations with Stewart in the past. He’s not just some stranger I’ve seen on stage.
3. My very Christianity was questioned by one of the other Memphis Quartet Show promoters.
4. I felt like it could really hurt the success of the Memphis Quartet Show, the only new event I’ve been truly excited about in a long time.
5. Every accused person deserves a fair trial, and I felt this could lead to Stewart being judged prematurely.

All that being said, I feel like I no longer have a spine as a blogger. Maybe it’s time to bring the blog to a close and focus on other things. When I can no longer bring myself to report the hard stories in the face of opposition, there’s really not much point in reporting all the fluff either.

I have not made that decision yet.

It’s just something I’m seriously considering at this time.

Signature 

“Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.”—-Mark Twain

Posted: 22 December 2012 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Climbing Up
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1047
Joined  2003-02-02
KathyVanHorn - 22 December 2012 08:23 AM

Another black eye for the SG industry and Christians. 

I have been assured that the Memphis Quartet Show will go on as planned. It is run by a board of directors that includes Duane Garren and several other very capable concert promoters.

Signature 

“Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.”—-Mark Twain

1 of 7