Label: Integrity Music
You can be sure that somewhere, some church across our great land is singing a Fanny Crosby hymn every Sunday. “Redeemed,” “To God be the Glory,” and the ever popular “Blessed Assurance” are just a few of Crosby’s best loved hymns. Recently, numerous unfinished lyrics of Crosby’s were uncovered and the folks at Integrity Music decided to get some best loved artists together and finish them. The final product is the new project Blessed Assurance: The New Hymns of Fanny Crosby. Some of the best artists in gospel music have delivered these new songs in a fresh way while staying true to the foundation Crosby laid.
This project covers musical tastes for everyone. You will notice that rather quickly. The opener is titled “We Are Waiting” and features All Sons and Daughters. It’s a great kick-off to the project and has a praise and worship feel to it.
Other highlights include “Hallelujah! King of Glory” which features Dustin Smith. This one may be a new standard for churches. Michael W. Smith sings “No One Like Jesus,” and this one is another one that could become familiar and easy to sing.
The project switches gears a bit, and Ernie Haase and Signature Sound is up for “I Have Found A Priceless Treasure.” Ricky Skaggs and The Whites step up and deliver a more a bluegrass feel to “All is Well.” Both of these songs lean more traditional as far as a hymn-sound, yet are fun to listen to and to singalong with.
Perhaps the best, most unique song is the closing number, featuring the Blind Boys of Alabama, “Where Could We Go.” It has some bluesy flavor, and a soul sound only they can deliver.
This is a fun, eclectic project and definitely worth a listen. I am sure some of these new, yet, classic songs will be heard in churches soon.
1. We Are Waiting – featuring All Sons & Daughters (writers Leslie Jordan, David Leonard, Alli Rogers, Fanny Crosby)
2. Not Be Moved – featuring Jon Egan/New Life Worship (writers Jon Egan, Glenn Packiam, Dustin Smith, Fanny Crosby)
3. Hallelujah [King of Glory] – featuring Dustin Smith (writers Dustin Smith, Jennie Lee Riddle, Greg Sykes, Fanny Crosby)
4. In The Blood – featuring Israel Houghton with Seth & Nirva (writers Paul Baloche, Rita Baloche, Fanny Crosby)
5. Blessed Savior, Fount of Grace – featuring Darlene Zschech (writers Michael Farren, Krissy Nordhoff, Fanny Crosby)
6. No One Like Jesus – featuring Michael W Smith (writers Stu G, Michael Farren, Fanny Crosby)
7. Blessed Assurance – featuring Chris McClarney (Fanny Crosby’s original lyrics)
8. In Life And Death – featuring Greg Sykes (writers Greg Sykes, Jennie Lee Riddle, Fanny Crosby)
9. Wholly Thine – featuring Meredith Andrews (writers Michael Farren, Stu G, Dustin Smith, Fanny Crosby)
10. The Savior Of All – featuring Matt Redman (writers Matt Redman, Fanny Crosby)
11. Come To The Water – featuring Paul Baloche (writers Michael Farren, Stu G, Dustin Smith, Fanny Crosby)
12. I Have Found A Priceless Treasure – featuring Ernie Haase & Signature Sound (writers Don Poythress, Wayne Haun, Fanny Crosby)
13. All Is Well – featuring Ricky Skaggs & The Whites (writers Don Poythress, Tony Wood, Fanny Crosby)
14. I Never, No Never – featuring Elias Dummer (writers Stu G, Bart Millard, Fanny Crosby)
15. Where Could We Go – featuring Blind Boys Of Alabama with Michael Farren (writers Michael Farren, Jessica Campbell, Fanny Crosby)